The kitchen, today, is the core of activity in a modern home. Kitchens are well-developed areas with the latest appliances, where family members can cook, bond together and even socialising with friends and family.
The kitchen is considered a fundamental part of any household—the source of our day-long energy. Every appliance that finds pride in your kitchen is essential, and if it is placed according to the principles of Vastu, it can ensure that positivity prevails.
For you to understand “vastu for kitchen” in a better way, consider the words “vastu” and “kitchen” separately, and then combine the two terms so that term “vastu for kitchen” becomes more apparent to you.
Vastu Shastra is an old Indian science of balancing energies in and around a place, as you might already know.
The kitchen is where healthy and nutritious food is cooked. The kitchen is the place of change – because it’s in the kitchen where all the raw and uncooked food is transformed into appetising and delicious meals. The food provides energy to your family members. The energy you receive by consuming the food is positive– that’s why it makes you feel blissful, happy and content.
What would happen if the same food has negative energy?
Due to vastu defects, which cause an imbalance in energy; as a result, your kitchen starts to give off negative energy rather than positive ones.
The negative energy starts to affect you mentally and physically. You will begin to feel the negative impacts on yourself.
Your health gets affected; with deteriorating health, you will not stand a chance to manage your work; you start to become disturbed, and the consequences can go on.
However, you must maintain your kitchen as per rules and regulations of vastu so that the kitchen generates and enhances positive energy and even eliminates negative ones.
If we now combine the above two terms, that is vastu and kitchen. You get is a vastu compliant kitchen with all the energy and capacity to deploy all negative energies and accept and enhance all the positive energies available.
This, in turn, will always have positive and beneficial impacts on you.
You will prosper, become more joyous, prosperous, and always have peace of mind.
According to Vastu Shastra, to ensure your kitchen is enveloped in positive vibes, the elements of earth, sky, air, fire, and water need to be in balance. If necessary, change or amend certain areas in your kitchen to increase the positive energy in your home.
Vastu advocates the study and construction of buildings following the natural laws of the universe, has numerous guidelines for the open and closed kitchen so that the home has the proper kind of energy and positivity.
A few tips for Kitchen decor
- If you want a timeless, unique look, avoid decorative and designer decals, as they may go out of trend very soon.
- Do not use dark and gaudy colours in a small kitchen as it makes space look smaller and dimmer.
- Low ceilings and high cabinets are not the best matches, as one will shrink the perception of the other.
- DO not opt for an all-white kitchen, as it can make the space look dull and cold, also get stained easily.
- Do not build numerous cabinets in dark colours, as it can make the space look claustrophobic and oppressive.
- If the stove and wash sink are close to each other, place a china vase between them as a quick vastu remedy.
- Ensure that the windows open out towards the East or the North for abundant natural light.
Vastu Tips for Kitchen
- Firstly, you must avoid the kitchen directly under or above the pooja/prayer room, toilets and bedroom.
- Do not place the cooking gas burner or stove directly in front kitchen’s entrance door. Do not have the main door of the kitchen in any corners; place it in the East, North or West wall.
- The kitchen in the South-West leads to clashes among family members. A kitchen in the North-West direction is acceptable, but it leads to an increase in monetary expenditure.
- The most dangerous kitchen is the one placed in the North direction; as North is Lord Kubera’s (the God of Wealth) direction, having a kitchen in the North will increase family expenditure beyond expectations and control.
- Avoid placing the refrigerator in the North-East direction.
- You can place a refrigerator in the South-East, South, West or North direction of the kitchen. If the refrigerator is in the South-West direction, place it a foot away from the wall; otherwise, it will often get out-of-order. Give a sacred offering to fire the first thing you prepare in the kitchen to ensure peace and prosperity.
- Make sure to avoid black colour for kitchen wall and flooring.
- Use rose, yellow, orange, chocolate or red as floor and wall colours of the kitchen.
- Clean kitchen, cook top and utensils daily at night before you go to sleep.
- Do not face west while cooking as it leads to severe health problems for the cook. During cooking, if the cook faces south, then the family has to face financial losses.
- The cook should always face the East while cooking; this assures good health of family members.
- Provide an “L” shaped platform, next to the kitchen’s leading platform, near the South wall and use this platform to operate microwave ovens, mixer/grinder etc.
- The platform of the kitchen has to be in the East and South-East corners. Put a cooking gas burner or stove in the South-East corner of the kitchen; ensure that it is inches away from the wall.
- Ensure to have two windows in the East and West direction walls of the kitchen and place an exhaust fan in any one of the windows.
- One more vital thing related to food, other than cooking, is the place where you consume food, namely, the dining room or dining area.
Just follow all the Vastu tips for the kitchen mentioned above, and you can – and definitely will – feel a significant and positive change in your life.